The money went further than I thought it would - they actually do have a fairly functional house.
Note they ran out of money before they got any beds, though. I bought them some tents just in case, but if they're diligent about making some cash they should be fine by sleeping time. With three witches in the family, if all else fails, I can conjure apples and use the transmogrification spell to hopefully transform them into more valuable things.
Now, let's meet the family and find out some more about them. Here they are again, for your viewing pleasure:
Bob, the handsome blond in the red shirt, is the patriarch, and Lynn, in the green, is his wife. They had three sons, Cailan, Connor, and Carver, who remained in Sunset Valley. Erlina, on the far left, is Bob and Lynn's great-granddaughter and the young man to her left is Elias, the childhood sweetheart she talked into relocating with her.
In case you're wondering how Bob and Lynn are still adults, it's all about the wonders of variable Sim aging. Bob has purchased an age freeze potion and as such is immortal, and Lynn has been dosed once with a fountain of youth elixir. She's been quoting Queen at me, though (Who Wants to Live Forever?) so I have a feeling that she will either pass on or choose not to move next time.
Once I moved them in I of course immediately got them started making money. Lynn is an author, so she's off to the library to write a book. Elias is planting seeds because his LTW is the Perfect Garden LTW - one note here. I do have the no zombie mod because I cannot STAND zombies. Not specific to Sims, either. I've never liked them. You can infer from this that I have no use for Walking Dead or any of the zillion ZombiePocalypse books out there.
Erlina, after cleaning out the nasty fridge, is off to get a job at the diner. She has the recipe maven LTW, plus her topping out the culinary career gets me that oh so wonderful Minus One Kelvin Fridge.
All the prepared food went bad in the move. I"m thinking it's because this is one of the cheapest fridges. We'll see what happens next move. Hopefully I'll have the Minus-One Kelvin by then and this won't happen again.
Bob is making friends and influencing people. Right now he's chatting up the consignment store proprietor. He has a good consignment store reputation, so he's my designated seller of things. I probably should not have sent him along as he's quite skilled and can easily make money, but I like him, so he comes along.
See? The consignment store proprietor is just fascinated.
Well, that's the set up, long-winded as it was. I've never been known for being laconic, though, so this is nothing new. Next we shall begin the story portion of the program. I'll attempt to communicate interesting game tidbits through the narrative, but you may see some fourth-wall-breaking posts from time to time.




No comments:
Post a Comment